CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Running

I signed up for a Winter Racing Circuit so that I can stay in shape this winter. It starts with a 5k and goes through a marathon, but I only plan on staying in it through the half marathon. Yesterday was the first race. It was one of my slowest times in a 5k, but it was a tough course. The first mile and a half was up hill. I ended up coming in in 27 minutes. I was 9th in my age group out of 39 and 201 overall. It was a blast. I have not ran a race in over a year. I forgot how fun it can be.

3 comments:

Aaron and Kalle said...

Rach, That is awesome. I don't think that I will be joining you anytime soon. That is to fast for me. Maybe someday.

Julie said...

Rachel that is so cool! Good job! I'd love to run a race one day. I get winded just coming up the stairs though....so it might not be any time soon.

Jade and Charla said...

You're crazy! Running is not fun, I wish I thought it was though so I could get rid of this baby gut!