CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mirror Lake

We had a great camping trip a few weeks ago. We went to Mirror Lake with a few other couples here in the village. We have some great friends here! We went up Friday afternoon and then were able to go canoeing for a few hours on Saturday. Each couple had their own canoe. Travis and I missed out on the racing, because we were on the other side of the lake at the time. I let him do most of the work.
The high was in the 60's and it got down to the 40's during the night. We were wrapped up in our mummy bags.
It was gorgeous up there! I love to sleep in, but for some reason when I camp I am up at about six in the morning. So Travis and I were able to walk around the lake before breakfast. Thanks Leonards for inviting us!
When Travis was getting into the canoe I was not prepared. He thought I was holding it and I really wasn't, so it tipped over and he fell in. He really is not that sweaty; it is from falling in the lake.
This is near the area where I almost died on that backpacking trip my junior year at BYU. I kept showing Travis were I had hiked. I had a much better experience this time and felt completely safe.




2 comments:

Jade and Charla said...

Looks like a beautiful place. I remember the near death hike! We were all living at Liberty Square. I am happy that this time was better.

Guymon Family said...

Hi
I have lost your e-mail address so I can't invite you to my blog again. e-mail me at dee.guy@hotmail.com so I know what the address is.
Hope you're doing well.