I ran a half marathon in Ogden Canyon on Saturday. Now I can take a break from running, because I am burned out. I got my best time ever, 2:00:55. That beat my last time by 5 minutes. I wanted to get under 2 hours, but I did not train very well after going to Vegas. I did great for the first seven miles, they were all at an eight minutes/mile pace. Then I was feeling tired. Since I barely missed my goal I am going to have to run another half again someday. In these pictures I look like I'm not going to make it, but isn't running so fun! I am having a hard time walking today and am so glad that it was conference, so I did not have to move off the couch all day.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think you are crazy to want to run the half marathon... but you look dang good. I need to run!
Rachel! Good Job! I am amazed. The only race I have ever run in is a 5K. I've run in a couple of them. Running is not my favorite thing, and I admire anyone that is willing to run a marathon or a half marathon for that matter. Bruce likes to run. Maybe you guys can go running some time. We will be visiting Utah/ Salt Lake area the first week in June if you're interested.
Bye!
Way to go!! I think it is awesome that you did a half marathon! It was fun to see you on Tuesday. So glad that you are a blogger!
Post a Comment